Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Eilian Williams- The Welsh Shepherd

I would like to add to the previous post that Mr. had also had an urgent appeal to help the Armenians of Iraq. This followed his visit to the Armenian community of Havrez (an Armenian village located 40 miles north of Mosul city in Northern Iraq) and Zakho and the Chaldean Church in Duhok.

(Read: http://ara-ashjian.blogspot.com/2008/10/wales-armenia-solidarity-appeal-to-help.html#links)

On January 23, 2009, I received an e-mail from Mr.

Dear Ara,

I notice you put an appeal which I made on behalf of the villagers of Hay Vrej (Havrest-Howrisk) near Simel, on your blog. Unfortunately very little was contributed. This week I went to see a trustee of an Armenian Charity in London, and he said they may be able to help".

In a following e-mail January 31, 2009, Mr.

"Dear Ara,

I wonder if there is anything that you can do to help the children in the village?.

One of them has two holes in her heart and needs heart surgery. Two need eye treatments…Part of the problem is that there is no direct diplomatic relations between Armenia and Iraqi Kurdistan I did contact the Ministry of Diaspora without reply. Are you able to contact the Ministry of Diaspora to see if they can help? It would be possible to arrange an invitation to the Armenian Diaspora Minister to visit the village if necessary".

I made my contacts with the Ministry of Diaspora which properly reacted and contacted the Iraqi Armenian Community leaders to solve this matter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
p--cmYrAD_e345B