Monday, February 27, 2006

Children Victims of the Armenian Genocide

Dear Friends,

When I was young, I knew that I, unlike my schoolmates in the Armenian primary school in Baghdad, used to hear the stories of the Armenian Genocide directly from my deceased father, an eyewitness-survivor of the Armenian Genocide (later I understood that I represent the second generation after the Armenian Genocide). My schoolmates used to hear these stories from their grandfathers and grandmothers or fathers and mothers who had heard these stories from them. This was because my father Sarkis Ashjian (born in the city of Urfa -Etesia- in 1904 and died in Baghdad in 1981) married my mother (after the death of his first wife) at the age of 53.

Anyway, the most grievous thing to me in my young age was to hear from my father the stories of outraging Armenian children and women during the Armenian Genocide. All my father's family members were martyred during Urfa's self-defense war and then deportation, except his elder brother whom he lost and found after years by newspaper advertisement (!!) when my father was in an orphanage in Lebanon. My father was sold four times to Kurds and his name was changed to Hussein before he could escape and restore his Armenian identity. When I grew up, I began to carry out research to the Armenian Genocide and again became mostly affected by the stories of outraging Armenian children and women during the Genocide.

The following is a study on the unique barbarian methods the Turkish state adopted especially with Armenian children and women during the Genocide. Circulate this research to all publishers, editors, all organizations that take care of children and women or defend human rights in the world, so that they would be aware of, if they are not, of the facts of the Armenian Genocide.
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/cragsite/Children.htm

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
p--cmYrAD_e345B